Thursday 13 October 2011

And so it begins...

Hello to all my readers!

Since I've created this blog, I guess I'd better get cracking. You can't expect to build a solid readership base if you don't consistently update, right?
To start with, I just want to explain this blog. As the name implies, I'm an *otaku and I'm proud of it. Being non-Asian, it can sometimes be weird to talk about manga in daily conversation. But here on the internet, I can gush all I want about manga and maintain my dignity.
This blog is about manga. I write about what I've read, what I'm reading, what I want to read and what I vow never to read. I'll also post from time to time on manga-related issues, such as distribution of manga, commercial and amateur translating, and even anime and light novels.
I am pretty much a beginner to the manga scene. I don't speak any Japanese except what I've picked up from translators' notes, so things may get lost in translation. I'll try to explain the stuff that I talk about, but if you ever feel lost let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to enlighten :)

So here we go!


*otaku: it basically means a geek, or a fanboy. Ie., someone who's really into manga, anime, or video games. Not a geek in the sense of being really smart or a keener, because in Japan that's a good thing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment