Monday 5 December 2011

Update: The Road Ahead

Hi to all my loyal readers

I'm very sorry for disappearing off the face of the planet. I met my quota of posts for the class project that spawned this blog, so I took some time off to prepare for exam season (read: procrastinate preparing for exam season :p ).

This blog has been an interesting experience. It was started as a way to validate my manga addiction by disguising it as homework, and that's pretty much all I've done with it. Since I have exams for the next couple of weeks I won't have time to update, but I have a 3 1/2 week Christmas vacation coming up afterwards. Sending myself into a manga overdose-induced stupor will give me lots of material for Unrepentant Otaku, and I do want to keep it going.  I obviously enjoy reading manga for manga's sake, but it's much better as a shared experience.

On the other hand, starting a blog has always been in the back of my mind. I do, in fact, have interests other than manga, and this blog has sort of inspired me as to the possibilities of those other interests. So although I want to keep Unrepentant Otaku going, I don't think I want to devote as much time to it as I was doing during this assignment.
With exams coming up I'm in no position to make any promises as to the future of this blog, but I can promise to do some thinking over the holidays and come back in the New Year with new and improved online identity.

Also, I know that I missed the second part of the discussion about licensing manga. I really didn't get as much participation as I would have liked, so I think I'll have to start smaller and work my way up to a better dialogue with my readers. In the meantime, I did promise a 2-part presentation, and I will post a second update as soon as my last exam is over.

I would therefore like to state that this blog is on hiatus as of next week. I will post the second discussion update at the end of next week, and then spend Christmas break deciding what I want to do with this blog. That being said, I promise to let you know that status of this blog by the new year, and most likely before the end of this year.

Thanks again for following this blog, and special thanks to all you folks who commented on my posts. It's been a really great experience, and I'm looking forward to the potential that the future holds.

It's been fun,

- Your Unrepentant Otaku ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment