Thursday 10 November 2011

It's Not You, It's Me...

Hey buddies

Sorry for the delay with this update. This has been a rather tiring week (first the workers strike, now the students strike... and it keeps raining) and I'm sure we're all a little fatigued. I know I am. So instead of a review, this is just a quick update.
In the last review I posted a link to read Yotsuba&!, but only 68 chapters are available on that site. I believed that it was no longer being translated online, but one of my readers corrected me (thank you for commenting!). Since manga that are licensed in English have a habit of temporarily disappearing from the internet (depending on how possessive the English publisher is), I wanted to post a more comprehensive list of resources specific to Yotsuba&!

The YotsubaScans blog has all the chapters of Yotsuba available for downloading here. I'm not sure if the person in charge of the blog is part of a scanlating group or just receives translated chapters and posts them, but they are being careful to respect publisher's rights. If you love this manga so much you want to download it, please be sure to respect the rules of the blog owner, which you can read about here.

I don't ever download manga of the internet (for multiple reasons, all of which are irrelevant to this post), and if anyone else feels the same way you can still read this manga online. YotsubaScans currently uploads its chapters on only one site, Mangareader. Scanlator's rights are a can of worms I don't feel like addressing, but let it suffice to say that if the blog owner says they'll only host their manga on one site, don't bother looking for it anywhere else on the internet. If any site is found to be hosting manga they're not supposed to have, it will get taken down p.d.q. (pretty darn quick, for all you linguistically-limited folks). Since the blog owner has promised to upload to Mangareader, the most reliable place to read Yotsuba&! and check for updates is Mangareader. You can read Yotsuba&! on Mangareader by clicking here.

Summary:
Download chapters of Yotsuba&! here
Read Yotsuba&! online here
Play the dress-up game here
(okay that last link wasn't actually mentioned in the update, but it's a cute game, and both real and imaginary 4-year-olds love it)

2 comments:

  1. You don't download chapters from the internet? I always do since there are so many scanlating groups that have limited access to their series nowadays. It's a pain in the ass but I always get to read it earlier as opposed to waiting for a release update on reading sites. I love using MangaUpdates since it always tells me when there's a new release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: I prefer to keep my hard drive uncluttered, especially since there aren't a lot of manga I read more than once. I'm not super keen on digital reading, and if I like something enough to want a copy I buy the book. I haven't used manga-updates before, but I might check it to round out my otaku knowledge

    ReplyDelete